James Snapp is a faithful Kingdom servant of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He is married to Maira and is the father of two sons (Perry and James III) and one daughter (Kassandra).
James graduated from Cincinnati Christian University, was ordained into ministry by the Bachelor Creek Church of Christ, then served as an overseas missionary in Central America for 10 years, before returning to serve as preaching minister of two churches in Indiana for the past 22 years.
Then, without warning, in June of 2021, a blood vessel in James’ brain burst causing a stroke that began changing his life forever. As if one stroke wasn’t enough, in April of this year another stroke occurred which affected additional parts of his body, mind, and personality, including his heart and his ability to speak “normally.”
Due to these strokes, James has been in and out of emergency rooms, hospitals, physical therapy and rehabilitation centers on numerous occasions over the past two years. (In fact, he is in the hospital, again, as I write this message to you). As you can imagine, the financial cost has been enormous! James was a participant in a medical cooperative, and the hospitals have been helpful with some debt forgiveness – but thousands and thousands of dollars of co-pays, prescription costs, and uninsured therapy and care expenses need to be paid.
James is incapacitated and can no longer work. His mother, wife and children are doing all they can, but they need our help. Two medical bills have been turned over to collection agencies, so James and his family need our help – and they need it NOW!
As soon as I heard about James’ situation I began working with his family, friends, and area ministers and churches. They immediately responded to help James. One church took up two offerings and raised over $5,000. The next day a member of that church walked into the office and wrote a check for another $5,000. Their goal is to provide a “Lead Gift” of more than $16,000 … then they are praying that the Kairos Benevolence Fund can “Match” that by raising another $16,000.
So, today I am asking for your help. I know $16,000 is a HUGE goal, but I know we serve a God who can do even more than we ask. And no one deserves our help more than James!
- If you can give $5,000 – your gift will be doubled and $10,000 will be available to help pay for James’s medical expenses;
- If you can give $1,000 – your gift will be doubled and $2,000 will be available to help pay for James’s medical expenses;
- If you can give $500 – your gift will be doubled and $1,000 will be available to help pay for James’s medical expenses;
- If you can give $100 – your gift will be doubled and $200 will be available to help pay for James’s medical expenses;
James Snapp loves the Lord and faithfully ministered for Christ on the mission field and through local churches. Because of his strokes he cannot help himself … he’s counting on the Lord … and the help God’s people can provide!
Here are three ways you can make a donation to KBF:
1. Give Online: Click the “Give Today” button below. Then select the James Snapp Project in the drop-down menu and follow the rest of the step-by-step instructions.
2. Mail a Check: (Write James Snapp Project on the memo line)
Your gift can be mailed directly to:
Kairos Benevolence Fund
PO Box 50791
Phoenix, AZ 85076-0791
3. Give a Gift From your Qualified IRA (or other Retirement Plan) – or Stock, Real-Estate, or other non-cash Assets. Please contact me by email or phone and I will connect you with one of our KBF Board Members to discuss your non-cash gift.
Whichever method of giving works best for you, please designate your gift for the James Snapp Project.